Ginger Orange Chicken
You will need:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 5 whole star anise
- 5 – 8 cloves
- 2 oranges
- 2″ thumb of ginger
- 2 Tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/2 – 1 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- In a pot over medium heat, bring to a boil orange juice, star anise and cloves. Reduce by half.
- Peel the oranges, keeping the peel in as long of pieces as possible. Julienne the orange peel into thin slices about 3 – 4″ long.
- Peel skin off ginger. Julienne the ginger into thin slices about 2 – 3″ long.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add orange peel, ginger, salt and chicken.
- Toss together and cook for about 10 minutes, until chicken is mostly cooked.
- Remove star anise and cloves from orange juice reduction.
- Add orange juice reduction to chicken sauté pan and toss, coating the chicken with the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with rice.